What It Is That Makes a Good Debt Settlement Candidate
Not everyone is a right candidate for a debt settlement program. Debtors must first demonstrate a legitimate financial hardship in order to qualify for our program, one that has caused them to fall behind on their payments to creditors. It is also important to know that we mainly work with unsecured debts, although we can help with some secured ones. We help folks who are truly in need of the benefits of our services, who stand to significantly improve their financial situation with our program and become debt-free.
Signs That You Need Debt Relief
Your personal answers to the following YES or NO questions will help you determine if you are currently facing a problem with your debt.
a.) Do you feel stressed, worried, or anxious when thinking about money??
b.) Are you only able to make the required minimum monthly payments towards your loan or credit card payments each month?
c.) Are you diverting money to pay for bills that were meant for other things?
d.) Are there high balances on your credit cards? Are they near or at their limits?
e.) Are you raiding your savings to pay bills?
f.) Have you been contacted by a credit card company or debt collector with regards to delinquent accounts?
g.) If you have an unexpected need like a dentist or doctor?s visit, would it have to be put off by you for lack of funds for it?
h.) If you or your partner were to unexpectedly lose your income, would you immediately find yourself in financial trouble?
i.) Are you currently, or are you considering, working a second job just to get by?
j.) Do you find yourself using a large or increasing portion of your monthly income to pay your debt? Ideally, you want to have no more than 20% of your monthly income required towards your debt obligations.
Answering YES to any of these questions could indicate that you need to address your financial challenges.?
How severe your circumstances with your debt problems are is what determines how you will need to proceed in dealing with them.?
It is time for you to call a professional debt relief company like Start New Financial for credit counseling when…
- If you?re adding (not subtracting) debt every month.
- If you?re living paycheck to paycheck.
- If marriage doubles your problem ? i.e. you suddenly owe twice as much because your new spouse brings debt into the union.
- Your net worth is less than zero.
- You don?t answer the phone because it might be a bill collector. You?re probably losing sleep over your finances at this stage. It?s a sign your debt is officially out of control.
- Your savings have been drained.
- You have turned to alcohol or drugs.
- You hide spending habits from loved ones.
Some telltale signs that your debts have climbed too high are:
- You are paying bills late because there isn?t enough money in your account to cover those costs.
- You have taken advances on your paychecks.
- You open a new credit card account to pay typical monthly bills or to help pay off another credit card. Bad strategy. The goal is to REDUCE the total amount of debt, not add to it.
- After paying bills, there?s no money for basic extras, such as ordering food or seeing a movie.
- ?Your bank account is typically at (or below) $0.
- You don?t have an emergency fund. Financial advisors universally recommend liquid funds equivalent to three to six months of your income in case of a financial emergency, such as unexpected medical bills or losing your job.
- You have been rejected for new lines of credit. Either your recent credit history is damaged or you have too much debt. Or both.
- ?Your credit cards are maxed out.
- Creditors keep calling to collect payments.
- ?Your consumer debts (medical bills, personal loans, credit cards) total half or more of your income.
- ?You?re only making your minimum payments on your monthly credit card bills.
An individual can often recognize the warning signs of impending financial issues and is able to circumvent them with the creation of their own get-out-of-debt plan. These plans tend to include the following of a strict budget, plus determining how to apply any leftover funds towards the debt principal in order to expedite the repayment process.
You must understand debt
You can also speak to a professional debt specialist, including a nonprofit credit counselor. These debt experts are certified and trained to assist debtors in determining where their money is going and how to distribute those dollars more efficiently. They also have structured debt management programs available that are designed to make it possible for you to repay your unsecured debt in a fraction of the time it would take to repay your debt with just making your required minimum monthly payments.
Call Start New Financial for your FREE phone consultation with one of our certified credit counselors who will offer you the best debt advice you can get in your individual situation. As a gold standard debt relief company, we have several great programs from which we find the right fit for your particular situation, which we then further individualize to customize it for you for the most perfect, tailored fit. You?re gonna love it and be so happy for once! We save our valued clients a lot of time and money, reducing their total debt, obtaining a single, lower monthly payment that leaves them extra money for themselves, and brake interests and fees. We specialize in debt consolidation and debt settlement. Call us TODAY to start your journey to financial freedom!
Start New Financial helps you successfully progress on your road to financial freedom
Start New Financial possesses the ability and experience that is going to help you with any type of unsecured debt (credit card debt, medical bills, personal loan, student loan debt, etc.), without any upfront fees whatsoever. Call TODAY for your FREE phone consultation.
Get A Free Debt Assessment
Simply fill out the form and one of our credit counseling experts will contact you. Soon, you’ll be on your way to a debt-free life!